Thursday, August 28, 2014

3.5 Miles

HOLY COW!! I have gotten SO lazy!! I guess I thought I needed to catch up on sleep and enjoy the last few weeks of summer... but I'm totally SLACKING OFF!!

So, I made a goal (that's right... a goal... those things that I hate). I'm going to start running 3 times a week. The kids are in school, so I don't even have to wake up at 5:00 to get my run in. I'm going to try different trails and roads. I HAVE TO GET BACK TO WHERE I KNOW I CAN FINISH A HALF MARATHON!! Right now... not so sure I could finish a 5k. I may just take this whole year off from races and start again next year. I don't know... that halloween race is pretty fun.  :o)

This mornings run was LOVELY, except I forgot my gum and was dying of a dry and pasty mouth after the first 1/2 mile. I can't believe the summer is really gone. It was actually dark this morning at 5:30... and didn't really get light until about 6:15. Which means I need to start wearing a headlamp (yuck) or I need to get clip on flashers. I did finally invest in a reflective vest. I am excited for the cool fall mornings... but not allergies. :oP  Ups and downs I guess. I better enjoy the morning while I can... before the sage brush starts to bloom.

3.5 miles ~ 41 minutes

No comments: