Wednesday, June 1, 2011

5.5 Miles

HOLY COW!! What a day to decide to run outside! I walked Gracen to the bus stop and thought... I'll take Carson on a little run. So I packed him up in the stroller. I think he fell asleep before we got to the main road. I did pretty good... ran most of 2.5 miles. Then I turned the corner... ALL UP HILL. So I started walking pretty fast. Then I turned another corner... TOTAL WIND IN MY FACE. I really had to push the stroller... even down hills. I swear I burned more calories pushing that stroller against the wind up hills than if I were to run alone!!  :o)  At about mile 4 I had to cross the street. It looked like a bunch of dead blossoms blowing across the street. As I waited for traffic to stop I realized that they were bees! Tons of bees being blown in a little cloud down the street. People were waiving we to cross the street... but I didn't dare! So I casually waived them to go first and pretended to fix Carson's blanket.  :o)  Finally the cloud of bees past me and I started for home. I was able to run most of the last mile... except for the hill up to our street... that one's a KILLER!! It took A LOT longer that I expected. But I did walk half of it... IN THE WIND!!  :o)  I'm just glad I made the 5.5 mile loop... I'M POOPED!!

5.5 miles ~ 1 hour 33 minutes ~ LOTS of calories... I hope!!

No comments: