Monday, August 6, 2012

4.5 Miles

OH MY GOSH!! Carson just woke up and his mouth has NOT stopped moving!! I'm going to loose my mind today! And it's not even 8:00! Are you all ready for some boobing and complaining? Well, it starts out with staying up TOO late this weekend and not sleeping well. So needless to say I'm exhausted this morning. I woke up at 4:45 hoping to get out the door at 5:00, but I couldn't find one of my compression socks. I wasted 15 minutes looking for it (it was hanging out of the dryer). Then my toe was so swollen from not taping it and running in the sand I could barely stand to put it in my shoe. Next on the complaint list, my wrist has started hurting again (I sleep on it weird every once in a while), so I have to start wearing a brace.

Ok... now onto the running part of this post.  :o) The running part was nice. I did pretty good, but I knew I wasn't going to hit my 7 mile goal (after starting late). Ran into a friend and changed my route. That helped me not give up and just go home and sleep. I just texted my neighbor and she said she'd watch Carson later this morning, so 7 MILES HERE I COME!!

I'm planning on running Wednesday (6 or 7 miles) and Thursday morning (2 or 3). I think I'm ready for this weekend. I HOPE I am. ONLY 3 MORE DAYS!!

4.5 miles ~ 55 minutes ...to be continued.


Oh... Funny story... this morning I was running up a street which is a gradual uphill (for about 1.5 miles). I was really concentrating on breathing and keeping a steady pace. Out of the corner of my eye I saw something black running along side of me. I squealed and jumped... it was my shadow. Sigh... I'm too tired for lame things like shadows to be chasing me.  :o)  DUH!!

No comments: