Wednesday, August 1, 2012

6.8 Miles

WOW that felt good! Wasn't quite 7 miles but close enough.  :o)  my short little piggy tails are SOAKED... so is my back! I wish I felt like I could have kept going... maybe after a good rest I could. I sprinted up the big hill by my house, just so I could pass two women walking up the same hill. I was so tired I was going to walk it, but the I saw them just strolling and chatting and I had to do it. Stupid ego.  :o) When I got to the top, I usually walk home, but I had to run, just in case they saw me when they reached the top. Really?!? That's what was going through my head. The funny thing is I have no idea who they were and I'm sure they could have cared less. Oh well, it got me home faster. Which I'm sure John appreciated.

I walked the first mile. My toe was hurting pretty bad again this morning, but after the first mile of walking it felt a whole lot better. So I did my usual route and then ran out to Gracen's school and back. Not many runners this morning, but a lot of people walking their dogs. Overall I did pretty good. Kept my walking to a 15 min mile and running under a 12 min mile. Wish it was faster, but I'm working on it.

6.8 miles ~ 1 hour 21 minutes

No comments: