Monday, July 30, 2012

5.5 Miles

Another day on the road. It's kind of sad... it was darker than I remember it being at 5:00. That means summer is coming to an end and allergy season is on it's way... YUCK!! I did pretty good starting out. Keeping at about a 11.30 min mile average. Then I sprinted to catch up with a friend who I saw was in front of me. She was ending her run... so I walked her last mile with her. Which I'm glad I did. My toe was really sore starting out this morning. I was feeling really bummed about it. But about half was through the walk with her, it felt A LOT better. After I walked her home, I took off again to finish my run. I wish I would have kept better track of when I stopped walking and started running, because I think I kept a good pace. When I ran I was between 8.7 (my fastest) and 10.25 (my slowest) and I made sure I didn't walk slower than 15.2 (that's what I have my "go faster" beeper at on my Garmin). Blah, blah, blah... all that is just for my benefit. SO... what I'm trying to say is, I feel pretty good about my run this morning. I need to walk before I run with my toe... but I think it's getting better. YEA!! Just in time too. ONLY 10 DAYS TO GO!!

5.5 miles ~ 1 hour 14 minutes

No comments: