Wednesday, July 31, 2013

3.5 miles

I should be running some "heat of the day" runs, but I just can't bring myself to do them. Maybe I'll try one on Saturday and then another next week while the kids are in school.  :o)  This morning was SO hard for me. John kept me up until 1:00... first by talking... then by tossing and turning... then by snoring - LOUDLY. I finally moved to the couch at 12:30. Then I kept dreaming that we had to plan an escape (we watched "Argo" last night) but John just wanted to hide. I kept waking up to make sure we still "had time". Needless to say when the alarm went off at 5:00 I did not hop out of bed. I laid there until 5:15 just trying to talk myself into going. Well, my whining doesn't stop there... I could not get in the groove. I ran the first 1.25 keeping a 10 minute mile. The next 1.25 I walked. I just could not bring myself to move any faster. Once I got to the top of the monster hill, I ran the good mile and kept a 10 minute mile again. Well, at least I'm done for the day.  John was waiting for me, parked in front of the house when I got home. I was only 6 minutes late!!  :oP   Good thing I ran up the hill to our house instead of walking like I was planning.

3.5 miles ~ 41 minutes

No comments: