Tuesday, March 17, 2015

WOW!! 4 Miles - 53 Minutes

It's been a while since I wrote down my progress. I guess I felt like there was nothing to say. My shins started hurting again just before my kids got off track back at the end of January. So I took those next 2 weeks off. I started walking with friends on Mondays, Tuesdays and/or Thursdays until I felt like I was healed and ready to run again. I've only been going 2 days a week (run 2 min/walk 1 min)... started at the 20 minutes and have now worked up to 35 (so I've kept at it for 3 weeks). I'm hoping to go out "running" 3 days this week. I've still kept my walking dates with friends at least once a week (we go about 4-5 miles). That has kept me moving and motivated.

Today I started out for a 35 minute run... it was BEAUTIFUL!! Total tank top weather. I'm excited for summer!! I ran into a friend so I walked and talked the first mile. After that I headed out on my own I ran/walked for 30 minutes, and was about 2.5 miles from home (and at the bottom of a very steep hill), so I just walked home. I ran a little, but hills still get the better of me. I've been listening to books to distract me. I've enjoyed it so far, but I'm missing my tunes.  :o)  I need to update my music though.

So, all in all... I'M BACK!! Slowly but surely I'm going to get back to where I was... hopefully by June.  :o)

4 miles ~ 53 minutes

No comments: