What a morning! Carson had a soccer game at 9:00 so I wanted to get in about 9 miles before his game. I told John I'd meet him there. I loaded up the car with the chairs and camera, then I headed out at 7:15... BEAUTIFUL!! No wind... sun just over the mountains... breathing in the blossoms really kept me going. They smelled so good! Totally made me happy. :o) I kept a 10.55 minute mile for the first 3 miles, until I stopped at my usual "potty stop" and found out it was locked. I slowed a little after that. I ran out to Gracen' school and then circled back towards our house. As I ran behind the school I saw a woman about .25 miles ahead of me. It look like my friend Holly, but her hair looked different... but I poured it on and finally caught up to her. We paced each other and I ran farther than I usually do. We didn't run especially fast because we were talking the whole time, but she really pushed me... I didn't want her to see me walk, and she said the same. :o) We've decided we need to run with each other on Saturdays and push each other. After we split up (she had Lacrosse with her twins and I needed to get to the Rec Center for Carson's game) I checked my watch... 11:40 minute mile. :o) YEA!! My heart felt strong and I only walked to cross the street at the light. It felt good! Didn't quite make the full 9, but my total minutes per mile was pretty good. I was mostly proud of the fact that I RAN... A LOT!! WOOT WOOT for a beautiful spring morning and a good running partner. :o)
8.8 miles ~ 1 hour 40 minutes
No comments:
Post a Comment