Monday, November 19, 2012

45 min - Swimming

For some reason that I don't understand and probably NEVER will... every time (ok... 95% of the time) when I go running or go to the rec. center in the morning, John is on time for work. He's ready and waiting in the car at 6:30. When I stay home and sleep, he leaves around 6:50. Why is that?!? Drives me nuts. Good thing I love him.

So...I went swimming again this morning... 45 minutes (I don't know the length of the pool or how many laps). I will say this, they play the worse music while I'm there. That is one thing I miss about running... I can listen to whatever I want. I guess they're doing it for the swim team that's there practicing. I wonder what I need to do to get my songs on the "playlist".  :o)  This morning I was in the "short pool" with 2 other people (we each had a lane). About 20 minutes before I was done, 2 women jumped in my lane. Why did both of them get in MY lane. Why didn't they split up. One of them would NOT get her hair wet, so she was splashing everywhere trying to keep her head above water. After they'd swim one lap, they'd stop and talk. So I'd have to stop short of the wall to turn around. It kind of irritated me. Oh well. I'm still not a beautiful swimmer. I still look like I'm drowning I'm sure (I'm still trying to convince my brain I'm not). But I like this whole swimming thing. I'm totally wiped out when I'm done, but it feels good.

No comments: