Monday, August 5, 2013

5.8 Miles + 4.5 Miles

I cannot seem to win!! I practically killed myself this morning trying to get home "on time" because John gave me a talking to about not being home at 6:30 when I run (even though a lot of mornings he's still in the shower when I get home). I got home at 6:25 and he was sitting in the car in the garage. (sigh)

I did the usual route this morning. I past a guy doing sprints up the monster hill... CRAZY! Then I ran into one of my friends... she was headed to do the same craziness on that hill.  :o)  I, however, kept my downhill route. When I got to the church I decided I had enough time to run past the middle school and up one of the horse trails to 6400. I ran past my usual trail thinking there was another one, but nope. Just neighborhoods that go in circles. I got so lost and turned around. I finally went back to the trail I knew and by the time I got to 6400, I had 15 minutes to get home. I ran the entire way (sprinting quite a bit past the equestrian park). I was pretty proud of myself... thinking I was totally going to beat John out the door... that his lecture was in vain, but no. There he was sitting in his car waiting.  :oP  Oh well... I did 5.8 miles... and I loved every minute of it.

5.8 miles ~ 1 hour 3 minutes

UPDATE:  I went out again with a friend this morning after the kids left for school. We had a lot to catch up on, and decided we should be moving while we chatted instead of sitting at home talking. It was fun. :o)  When we started out we ran into a group of women from my old ward and decided to go in the opposite direction, just so they wouldn't feel like they had to include us. We ended up bumping into them again at the end of our walk. We stopped and chatted for a bit then walked half way to the pond and then went home. I think we got caught up... and I got to add to my mileage for the day.  :o)

4.5 miles ~ ?? minutes ~ LOTS of talking  :o)

No comments: