Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Better late then never!

I think I'm finally caught up on sleep... maybe.  :o)  Last weekend was CRAZY and I'm totally looking forward to doing it again next year. I'm talking about the relay from Logan to Jackson Hole. I LOVED IT!!

We did "Van 2" this year. What a difference! Instead of running in the cool of the morning and again in the evening... we were running in the heat of the day and in the middle of the night.  Mentally I was NOT prepared for that. But, now that I'm done, I totally want to do it again... same legs and everything... but do it differently. When I got home Saturday night (or better said 1:00am Sunday morning) I figured I had run 17 miles and had been awake for 43 hours. I was exhausted! Next time there HAS to be a little sleep in there somewhere! I was proud of some of my runs... the run in middle of the night I did 3 out of the 5 miles on my own (one of our runners was sick and needed a potty). It was a little scary considering it was in Star Valley (know for all the bears) and it was pitch black! It was a total adrenaline rush! And then my last run... the runner before me had been complaining, about monster hill she had to run at the end of her leg, for about an hour. Then when I got to the exchange... I HAD TO RUN THE HILL not her. They moved the exchange to the bottom of the hill. It was a 6.5 mile leg that turned into 7 after the hill, but I ran probably 6 out of the 7 miles. I only walked the hill and when I got drinks. I felt like the strongest woman in the world!  :o)  I felt even stronger when I finished and the man from another team running behind me told me he could not catch up to me.  :o)  WOO HOO!!  Girls can do hard things!  :o)  I think it helped listening to "Girl Power" music and seeing the Tetons in the background. It was a beautiful run!

I didn't take very many pictures this year... too much drama and not enough sleep, but here's a few of the silly ones.
Ron and Lisa cheering as we started out.
Michael... the one who kept us laughing (sometimes WAY too hard)
Elisa, trying to figure out Michael's fancy camera

Is it really time for the 2nd run?!?
We tried to sleep... but these are all FAKE shots... except Lisa, maybe. It mostly was some sort of dance party and giggle-festival. Thank goodness it was dark.  :o)


 Elisa was running while we "tried" to sleep.
 Last leg... Lisa played Candy Crush while her hubby Ron ran, puked, and ran some more. I think she was done trying to get him to stop running a just be sick in the car.
We did it!! AGAIN!! and I hope we'll do again next year. (Can you tell how tired we are?)

Leg 10 - 2:30 PM 4.85 miles - 55 min - 11:27/mi
Leg 22 - 4:25 PM 5.64 miles - 1 hr 3 min - 11:15/mi
Leg 34 - 2:10 PM 6.83 miles - 1 hr 24 min - 12:19/mi

2011 - 35:51:15
2012 - 35:40:08
2013 - 35:58:14

No comments: