Today had to be one of the hardest days I've had in a while. It was SO hard for me to go and drop my friend off at the busses... knowing I wasn't going to the top of the canyon. I cried a little after I parked the car. Mostly feeling sorry for myself. This was my favorite run. I ended up taking a little nap since I dropped her off at 4:45 and my race wasn't until 7:00. I set my alarm for 6:45... thinking I'd feel better if I got a little nap, but I just dreamt about running... so I was still bummed when I woke up.
The race started and I did my best... ran the monster hill at the beginning of the course. About 1/2 way through I just stopped caring about my time or pace. I turned off my watch and just went with the beat of my music (new favorite song..."All Fired Up" by Pat Benatar). I did ok... 34 minutes... I was 16th in my group... and THAT has never happened! :o) I got to the finish as the half marathoners were finishing. I stood at the finish and watched my people I knew, one by one, cross the finish line. Again... I cried. I know now that I love the race. I love the competition against myself. I love the feeling of accomplishment when they put the metal around your neck.
I AM NOT DONE RUNNING!!
Now, to find my next race! :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment