Tuesday, May 14, 2013

5.9 Miles

This morning was SO much better than yesterday. It still takes about 3 miles before my legs are warmed up and beyond the hurting stage. There probably shouldn't be a hurting stage, but I don't know what else to do but just run through the pain. It's different than last year... lower and on the other side of my shin. Humph.

Any way... I did my new route... running up hills... feeling somewhat strong. :o)  I walked more than I wanted to though. After I got back to the church by my house, I went up to the pond and then home. Overall it was a good run. I LOVE the fact that it's light in the mornings!! It was actually really warm this morning... 61˚. I was sweating by the time I got to the top of my first hill. Summer is here... but again we're in Utah so who knows.  ;o)

I went to the park last night with the kids and ran into one of my neighbors. So, here's my question, why do people feel like they need to invite you to join them and their little group running? She thought I was totally crazy for running by myself. She kept saying she didn't understand why I would want to run alone. Well... I like to keep my own crazy pace of running until I can't run any more and then walking (not good I know, but it works). Another thing... I thought she'd been running for years. She's only been doing it as long as I have. And she's SUPER fast. I guess I keep thinking I'm a better runner than I really am.  :o)  When people tell me their time, or what they like to keep their pace at, that's when I realize how slow I really am. I like to think that I'm pretty fast. I'm just not. But the sad thing is, I'm ok with my time. I don't want to have to keep up with neighbor ladies on a run... although I really like them, no thank you. I want to run until I can't run any more and then walk.  :o) This AF Canyon is going to be an embarrassing run. I know people are going to be looking up times. Oh well... I'm older than them and not so much the 90 lb woman that they are. I just know I've come a long way, baby. :o)

5.9 miles ~ 1 hour 9 minutes

No comments: