Tuesday, October 22, 2013

8.8 Miles

I'm really disappointed with todays run. I set out with 10 miles in mind. After running over a half a mile, I ran into a friend who I haven't seen in a long time. We sat on the road and talked for 30 minutes...it was fun to see her and chat and get caught up a little, but that took 30 minutes off my time to be out running. I had to be home at 11:30 to pick up Carson, so I left her at 9:45... I thought I could do 9.5 miles in an hour and a half, but as I got going I realized that that wasn't going to happen. It was a beautiful day and after 4 miles, my shins were warmed up and ready to go. I wanted to run down the horse trails to the Mountain View Corridor, but ran out of time. I got to the bus stop at 11:30. The bus didn't show up until 11:45. I could have gotten in at least another mile and a bit... that was the disappointment of the day. Oh well. I'll do 10 on Saturday... maybe even 11 if I've got the time. So I'm officially signing up for the race next weekend. I've never waited this long to sign up!! I'm excited that my shins are behaving and the tape is helping the situation. I didn't make my best time today, but I got out and got some SUN and some miles.  :o)

8.8 miles ~ 1 hour 40 minutes

No comments: