My shins are on FIRE!! OUCH!! I've been doing a lot of thinking about doing a full marathon... crazy I know... but it's on my before-I-hit-40 bucket list. Well, that's only 2 years away. My old roommate Jolynn is doing the St. George Marathon next year... so why not me. I'm just wondering about these darn shins. I guess I know what I'll be getting for Christmas... NEW SHOES. :o)
I think I did pretty good this morning... 11.20 minute mile. I even passed a group of cross country runners going up a hill. Of coarse they passed me when we got to the top because I started walking and they just kept going, and going, and going... that amazes me! Especially because the hill flattened out and then climbed another half mile. Oh well, I felt cool at the time. :o)
On the last mile I ran into some friends out for a "speed run"... which means they run an 8 min mile or under in half mile spurts. I did ONE with them and thought I was going to die. Both these ladies are speed demons. I wish I had their stamina, but I'm proud of my 11.20 minute miles average. :o) It's better than what I started with a few years ago. After my short little sprint with them I did my little walk/run home and sprinted the hill to my house... feeling a little like Rocky when I got to the top. I felt good this morning.
6 miles ~ 1 hour 8 minutes
No comments:
Post a Comment