Monday, June 22, 2015

32 minutes

My shins are pretty sore again. I just can't figure this out. I'm about ready to just throw in the towel.   :o(  I just want to be where I was 2 years ago. I want to be able to run down AF Canyon or Snow Canyon... my 2 favorite races. I want to do a relay and not be the slowest person in the van. THIS IS KILLING ME!! I have such great memories of running early in the morning, watching the sun rise... I'm not ready to give it up!!

On a positive note... I'm loving the crossfit classes.  :o)  It makes me feel strong...even though I'm pretty slow at the timed workouts... I'm DOING the workouts. The last one I was DRIPPING with sweat. I had to row 250 meters, do turkish get ups (lifting a 10 lb kettle bell above my head while going from my back to standing up straight to going back down to my back), then like a million burbees (which I absolutely hate)... but I did it all. We did back squats earlier... I really like those. My max weight was 80 lbs... which I know I'll be able to beat one day. I'm hoping that all this crossfit stuff will make me stronger and not a "jiggly" as Carson says I am.  :o)

I'm going to keep with the running/walking. I have to. I'm not ready to stop. I kept really good time when I was running... I've started from scratch and I need to give myself time... I guess.  :oP


28 minutes ~ 2.3 miles (run/walk)
4 minutes ~ .25 (walking home)


"QUOTE OF THE DAY"
Get going… Walk if you have to, but finish the damned race.

No comments: