Tuesday, August 18, 2015

3 Miles

I was so sad this morning... it's dark now when I start running.  I missed the whole "light at 5:30" season. :o(  Well, I started a schedule to be able to at least "finish" Snow Canyon. I'm not even going to try and beat my fastest time... I just want to run again. I did my best to keep up at crossfit and I was doing great until I got vertigo, which kept me out of class for a week, and now my pulled muscles in both forearms (sadly this injury was from water skiing...or better said being pulled on a tube behind the boat. I was NOT going to fall off, and now I'm paying for it). Since crossfit is out for a while, I thought that this would be the perfect time to start back on running. I only have 11 weeks until the race, but I think I can be ready... or at least close.

The run was FABULOUS!! Fall is in the air and the weather was perfect. I was nervous as how much running I was actually going to be able to do... and I did a lot. It was slow and steady, but there was as much running as I could have expected for a 2 month (or should I say 2 year) rest. I really need to keep this up... just a slow and steady pace. NO INJURIES!!

2.6 miles ~ 31 minutes (run/walk)
.40 miles ~ 7 minutes (walking)


"QUOTE OF THE DAY"
It makes you feel powerful, and that, if you keep trying, you can reach any goal.

No comments: