Monday, September 1, 2008

Home-made Tomato Soup and Salsa

I did make salsa... YUM!! I think I put in too much onion, but it's still REALLY good. Tonight, I tried making home-made tomato soup... also YUMMY!!
Tomato Basil Soup

INGREDIENTS

  • 4 tomatoes - peeled, seeded and diced (I squeezed the juice and seeds out, strained it and kept the juice to add with the other tomato juice)
  • 4 cups tomato juice
  • 14 leaves fresh basil
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream (I just used milk)
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS

  1. Place tomatoes and juice in a stock pot over medium heat. Simmer for 30 minutes. Puree the tomato mixture along with the basil leaves, and return the puree to the stock pot.
  2. Place the pot over medium heat, and stir in the heavy cream and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Heat, stirring until the butter is melted. Do not boil.
Look out Martha Stewart! :o) I'm getting quite creative with all these veggies. OK, so the salsa isn't that creative... but YUMMY!!

3 comments:

chyayn said...

wow KC impressive. LOOKS REALLY YUMMY!

Em said...

I love that you made homemade tomatoe soup. You're the 1st person I've known who's made it homemade.

Brooke said...

What a great wife!!! I wsh we could come over for dinner, or just borrow your dinner and pretend like I made it.