Sunday, October 30, 2011

I DID IT!!

The Halloween Half was absolutely CRAZY this year.  They didn't put a cap on how many people could run... there were almost 3500 runners this year!! WAY TOO MANY!! Last year there were 2300. They just seemed a little unorganized for that many people. The tent before the race was too small and I'm hearing that they ran out of water and medals at the finish. I'm glad I at least made it in time to get one.  :o) I wasn't really excited about my time, but I'm glad I finished.
Elisa and I huddled on the floor of the tent before the race.
Our view for most of the morning... a bunch of bums and awkward "frontal" views.
Just hanging out by the "Honey Buckets" to get away from the crowded tent.

YEA!! We finished!!
 Carson thought my tights were SO funny. He kept lifting up my skirt to see them and then just giggled.
I wish John was in this picture...
THANKS FOR COMING AND CHEERING ME ON!!
We had fun but I'm not sure if I'll do it next year... a little too unorganized. Maybe I'll give it one last try. The course is beautiful and its fun to see all the costumes.

13.1 Miles ~ 2 hours 36 minutes (not the time I wanted, but I finished!)

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Yea!! So proud of you. Way to go. Your time is awesome!