Monday, March 5, 2012

WE DID IT!!

"Off Like a Prom Dress"
Bib #47
104 out of 115 teams
9 hours 36 minutes 46 seconds
10 minute 58 second Average Pace
We weren't the fastest, but we weren't last.  :o)  We had SO much fun!! Our goal was to keep an average of a 12 minute mile and finish in 10 hours. We ALL did better than that!

The whole thing started at 8:00... it was SO cold. 

 We were all dancing around just trying to keep warm.
I started us out. By the time I hit the sun I was sweating. The sun felt SO good!
 I did pretty good. I kept about an 11 minute mile... that's a record for me! :o)
WHEW! One leg down!
We ran through some beautiful country, and we all made GREAT time.
 
We HAD to stop at the Biggest Loser "Fitness Ridge" for a photo.
 One of the runners even got stopped and interviewed for the local newspaper. :o)  WE'RE FAMOUS!!
Here's our "tooth fairy" Holly... the one in the article.

There I go again!
 We finally mad it to Sand Hallow. It was beautiful and warm.
 Ron finished us off, running in mostly dirt and sand (with NO water... poor guy!)
  YEA!!

I was proud of us and we had such a good time. We even one the "Spirit Award" at the banquet after the race. :o)  "This award goes to 4 ladies and one SPECIAL guy"... we were all dying laughing!  I'm ready for the next one in August!  :o)

No comments: