I should be out getting in that last .1 of a mile, but it's just too darn cold! I got up early to get in some extra miles, then I looked at the weather... 37* (real feel 27*) and light snow. I thought, that must be in Salt Lake. Then I looked outside. Sure enough... snow. So, I grabbed my Rec. Center pass and went to change my shirt. Then I remembered how much I loved running in the snow last year. So I traded my pass for my hat and hit the road. HOLY COW! It was FREEZING! But once I got going, I warmed right up...enough to take off my hat and unzip my jacket a little. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!! Every time I passed under a street light I'd look around. It looked like a snow globe, with the snow gently swirling around the lit area. The flakes would get stuck on my lashes... I'm glad I went out and I do love running in this weather. Running up hill, it was nice... no wind. Running down, I had to put my hat back on and zip up. Overall it was lovely. Now I need a HOT shower and some oatmeal!
4.9 miles ~ 53 minutes
No comments:
Post a Comment