Friday, October 12, 2012

5.3 Miles

Shoot... my time was not as good a Wednesday, but that's ok. It was a nice morning. Again it took a while to warm-up...almost 4 miles...but by the time I got home I felt good and felt like I could have kept going. The only bad thing about these shoes, so far, is that they're starting to rub a blister on my left heel. Nothing a little duct tape can't fix. :o)  I hope they just need some time to break in. I walked quite a bit this morning, but it felt good to get out. Even with the sprinkles of rain I felt on the way home. NICE!!

So, as I was running this morning, I saw an ad for a different Halloween Half... The Haunted Half in Salt Lake... this one looks like FUN!! Maybe not as crowded. The one I ran last year had about 3200 people, this year they've put a cap on the half at 4000 people!! Then they added a full marathon and a 5k (which I'm assuming they all meet up somewhere and end at the same place. That was where the biggest problem was last year. I hope they figured things out). I really had fun running that one. But maybe this new one will be just as fun! Maybe next year? I'm feeling a little strange this year, by not planning my costume to run in. I know, I weird!

Well, we're headed to sunny St. George sometime next week. I hope I can squeeze in a few runs in that beautiful weather!

5.3 miles ~ 1 hour 4 minutes

No comments: