So, my friends and I have made a pact to go to the Rec. Center EVERY Tuesday and Thursday morning at 5:00. We'd do our own thing, but it would kind of hold us accountable for actually going. It was nice to see them this morning and get a little chatting in while we warmed up. I stuck to the treadmill today, mostly walking. The shins started hurting, but felt better after I started running... now if I can just get my lungs moving again. I am truly starting from scratch. Gotta work on my breathing again. I'm going to try and run outside on Saturday (if the snows not too bad). That might help my breathing and get me to RUN more. I ended up doing 5 miles today.
On another note, Christmas shopping is done. We finished last week and it's been nice just enjoying the holidays. I'm trying so hard to let my kids do fun things... like make cookies, watch Rudolph a million times, track snow in the house after being outside and play with the Christmas decorations, but I'm running out of patience and super glue (I swear they've broken more decorations and ornaments this year)...but I know I can last another 7 days. Carson has been up almost every morning at 6:45 to find "Kate" our elf on a shelf. It's fun to see that he's so excited about it and actually wants to write her notes (which are precious and he's working so hard on having "good letters"), but 6:45!! I guess it's our own fault for starting it. I just need to sit back, "breath deeply" (as Aunt Susie says), and enjoy them both while their little. John and I were talking about when they were born... I got all teary thinking about how SMALL they were and how much they've grown. I miss my babies, but I love my big kids.
5 miles ~ 1 hour 15 minutes
No comments:
Post a Comment