Tuesday, January 8, 2013

6 Miles

Back to the treadmill this morning. I didn't make it out on Saturday. I had good intentions, but the later it got I realized that it probably wasn't going to get to the mid-twenties like the weather predicted... at 11:30 it was only 8˚! I don't mind running in the cold, but like 25˚ or warmer, cold. This morning it was 24˚ when I left the house... that's what I hoping for again on Saturday.

Anyway... I did 6 miles today. Still not as fast as I'd like, but I'm working on running MORE not faster right now. I need to remember that. I didn't run as far between each walking rest, but at least I'm moving. No shin splints so far and that's important to me. I think on Thursday I really need to focus on walking less... running more.

I've been really trying to watch my calories and stuff... it's a new year and all... then I read this article. Made me re-think why I'm doing what I'm doing. "I will find small changes daily to make in all aspects of my life and will strive for sustainability.  I will try to prioritize and remember that health (physical, emotional, spiritual, mental) is more important than numbers, and that forgiveness and empathy are more essential to exalting relationships than my dress size."

6 miles ~ 1 hour 18 min

No comments: