In the relay coming up, I'll be running A LOT of hills... or should I say walking a lot of hills. :o) It's pretty much uphill the whole 17 miles I'll be running. So a friend of mine suggested I run "hills" with her. Now this woman runs marathons... so I'm not too sure what I was thinking tagging along with her. OH! MY! GOSH! I'm EXAUSTED!! We went to one of the steepest hills in Herriman (well, I think it is) and ran up that hill 5 times... it looked like the high school marked it, so it was 400 meters each time. I did pretty good the first few times. I was able to keep up and do the full 400m. But by the 3rd time I could only go to 300m, then it was about 200m. I was DYING! Last one I ran the full 400 but I was pretty slow. We walked most of the way home, jogging a few blocks in between. My heart feels strong. My lungs feel strong. My legs feel like Jello and I'm ready for bed. :o)
3 miles (1.25 on the hills) ~ 50 minutes (so John to get to work on time) ~
?? Calories (I wish I knew... I bet it's A LOT though!)
1 comment:
Oh - those shaky legs! I can imagine your pain. Notice, I said imagine because I've never run hills before..much less run ~ :o) Hang in there KC.
Post a Comment