Sunday, August 14, 2011

"Runners don't die...

...they only smell like they did."  That's how I felt when I got home. :o)

I guess I should explain what I did. I ran in the Cache to Tetons Relay. Which is like Ragnar but we ran from Logan, UT to Jackson Hole WY. We ran with 12 people as a relay. We started at 5:30am in Logan and ran all day and night until we finished in Jackson Hole around 4:30pm on Saturday. Thank goodness for Bugga and John, I was able to go the "enjoy" the relay.  :o)

I had the BEST time! It was amazing and I'm ready to sign-up for next year.
Tiffany, Ron, Me, Elisa, Holly, Lisa, Amber, Tim, Amanda, Colby, Camille, Jared

I was in a van with 5 women and 1 man... poor guy. His wife made him come in our car... so we called ourselves "Ron's Five Wives". We got a lot of funny looks.  :o)
The five wives... Tiffany, Lisa, Holly, Elisa, me
The "REAL" wife going to give her hubby water... Ron was a great van hubby.  :o)
 After our first leg we went to a park to eat and get some rest. It didn't last long until another van pulled up next to us and got out, all excited and loud... they made pasta on a camp stove and we yelling to each other about what their time was... so no naps for us. I think we got a total of about 4 hours during this relay... I'M POOPED!!

Lisa getting ready for her night run.
 We didn't get any pictures of me... probably because I was the one with the camera.  :o)  But, I was there and I DID run.  :o)

When we finished, we went and got the BIGGEST burger we could find!

IT WAS HEAVEN!!
 After lunch we went and met up with the Van #2... look at those Tetons in the back! It was BEAUTIFUL... the whole relay had beautiful scenery.
 Cheering on the runners from Van #2
 After we were all together, and the last runner was finishing up, we ran in the last 400 yards together as a team. It was an amazing feeling!

WE DID IT!! 205 Miles... 34 hours 51 minutes!!
 
"Ron's Five Wives"

1 comment:

sarah donaldson said...

Looks like a ton of fun! Congrats!