Friday, September 20, 2013

6.5 Miles

WOO! That's right... it's 6:45 in the morning and I'm yelling "WOO!!" Wait, it could be the 5 Hour Energy talking... in fact I'm sure that's what it is. I couldn't sleep again last night and was up until midnight, but I HAD to get up and run this morning (after the HUGE lunch I scarfed down yesterday), so I downed the other half of the 5 Hour. It was lovely this morning... REALLY cold (47˚) but lovely!  There's a woman I see every morning doing the same route I do, but reversed. I saw her today doing the route the same way I do and I passed her... literally passed her!! I've never passed anyone before.  :o)  It made my day! I did keep a 10:45 pace (I know... not speedy, but for me... FABULOUS!).

So, John's leaving to go fishing this morning and so I had an extra 15 minutes of run time. I was actually giddy! I finished my usual run and saw I had 20 minutes left, so I'm looking around for a road to take that I could finish in 20 minutes... I liked the feeling of being excited for the extra time. Again, maybe it the 5 hour talking... but it felt good.

OK... I'm off to take a warm bath. No wait... I've got to wake up the kids and get them out the door... then I get a warm bath.  :o)   Brrrr. I'm cold!

6.5 miles ~ 1 hour 10 minutes

No comments: