After a week of pouting, overeating and a lot of venting to friends and John... I decided I can't give up. I need to figure out what I'm doing wrong... figure out why I'm hurting and ONLY on one side. So, this morning I woke up at 5:00 and did some stretches, really focusing on my right leg. I did my usual route and after about 1.5 miles my right leg started hurting. So for the next mile I really focused on how I was running. It felt like I was running with my foot flexed (with my toes up) the whole time. So I started thinking about the "Chi" running that I read about... where you focus on relaxation, landing midfoot, and use gravity by leaning forward while you run. I also remembered what my PT said, I need to lift my heels "show the bottoms of my feet while I'm running". It totally helped! Now, to just remember all that stuff on Wednesday morning. :o) Now to begin the sneezing portion of my morning... I'm going on 15 sneezes in a row. :oP
3.5 miles ~ 42 minutes (run/walking)
.5 miles ~ 7 minutes (walking)
"QUOTE OF THE DAY"
Look for little improvements every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment