Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 32

Today was kind of a depressing day of running. As I started on the treadmill, I thought I have to start the training over... outside and I'm not sure how to do that. I can only run while Gracen's at pre-school and Carson's napping... and pushing stroller while running won't help with the training. CRAP! Maybe I'll just do the big runs (Saturday) outside. Or try running around a church parking lot while Carson sleeps in the car. I don't know. I can't stop now!! Any suggestions?

I did try something different today... I ran around the basement when I was suppose to be running. :o) I felt silly, but I could feel the difference.

3.5 Miles ~~ 54 Minutes ~~ 318 Calories

3 comments:

Unknown said...

KC, I'm not much help. I have never trained on a treadmill. To help out with your running outside, maybe don't really worry about the time (running Vs walking) Just try to run as much as you can. Get into a good breathing rhythm. I'm really weird, but I can't run to music... I count my steps. :) I breath in for four steps and out for four. Take big deep breaths and just run as long as you possibley can. If you feel you are getting out of breath, just slow your running down, taking smaller strides and keep trying to take deep breths. I think sometimes when you are watching the clock, it is harder. I would train outside when you can and inside when you can't. Something is better than nothing.
You are doing so great!! I am very, very proud of you. AND you have inspired me :) Love you sis.

Brooke said...

Oh man!! I keep leaving comments as Spencer... that was from me KC.
Love you

Paige Holley said...

I agree with Brooke on the running...go as far as you can and then walk. And seriously KC, you are doing awesome! I thought the church parking lot idea was great! You train where you can when you can:) And as far as music goes for me, I just listen to whatever makes me happy...usually I am not even jogging to the beat. But that part doesn't really matter to you probably:) Keep up the good work:)