Thursday, June 7, 2012

4.5 Miles

Holy cow it was chilly this morning!! 47* when I left the house, but I'm sure it was colder than that up the canyon. Did another canyon run this morning. We saw a jack rabbit and TONS of deer. One was standing right next to the road just staring... not moving. I think the deer out here are WAY to brave and tame. It was a lovely run and we kept a quicker pace down to the bottom... about a 12.15 minute mile.

On the way up the hill to my house I met up with an older neighbor of mine. He's 84 years old and he runs every day!! His wife is in her early 30's and they have two kids (Gracen and Carson's age). His pace was as slow as my fast walk, but he keeps that pace the entire time... UP A VERY STEEP HILL! I told him how impressed I was... he then told me he had a double by-pass surgery 2 years ago. WOW! I hope to be that active when I'm his age. :o)

4.5 miles ~ 55 minutes

No comments: