Well, after a beautiful morning yesterday, I thought I better try and get in some more miles. I mapped out in my head where I'd run (my goal was 7... YEA!!). Got up at 4:45 so I could be out the door at 5:00 on the dot. 5:00 rolled around and I got ready to leave... from the back yard it looked like we were having a hurricane. The trees were bending in the wind WAY too much for me to try and run in it. Looked online, gusts up to 13 miles per hour... no thanks. So I grabbed my keys and went to the Rec Center. I haven't been there for a while. Started running at 5:10 (lost 10 minutes of running time!). Kept a pretty steady pace... just over 11 minute mile. 6:30 came around and I just had to get to 7 miles... so I kept going. Sorry John, I was 10 minutes late getting home, but I met my goal and it felt good. I always seem to get my second wind on the treadmill at 7 miles (outside too...sometimes). I wish I could have kept going. Well, maybe tomorrow I'll get up to 10... that's my goal.
7 miles ~ 1 hour 18 minutes
No comments:
Post a Comment