Saturday, June 23, 2012

WHEW!

How are these photos for drama.  :o)
Before... all taped up and ready to go.
After... nothing but ice packs and a good movie (too much caffeine in the system for a nap)
John about died laughing when he saw my legs all taped up, but BOY did it help. Thank goodness my compression socks covered it.  :o) The best part is, I BEAT MY TIME!! I didn't think I would, but I did. I only walked about 6 or 7 times. YEA!! Now the resting can begin. I wonder if I'll be able to walk tomorrow?
There was a lot of emotion again this year. It's amazing to see how much support there was from the community. Before the race Mom sent me a text "I think Angel Momo will be running with you!"... I really think she was.  :o)  It was a good run! Loved every minute of it.


Bib#: 1038

  Chip Time: 02:20:19   Average Pace:10:54



2 comments:

Jules said...

SO PROUD OF YOU! My sister did a sprint tri today and I went to cheer her on at the finish line. You're right about the emotion.

And I didn't run a half or a tri today, but this week was my first-ever double digit mileage week. Still more walking than running (having some issues getting sick mid-run) but I'm doing it. And YOU, lady, are INSPIRING!!! Love your guts!!

kara said...

Way to go!! Hooray for tape and fancy socks. :) Awesome time!