Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Nap or no?

Yesterday I had Gracen lay down for a nap. If I lay down with her she'll eventually go to sleep (I totally sound like Chy when we were younger... "Don't move!" "Stop rolling around!" "GO TO SLEEP!"). Yesterday she finally fell asleep at 2:30. I thought I'd be able to get my snooze on too, but Carson had other plans... such as feeding. Anyway. Gracen slept until 4:30! She was in such a good mood and was really sweet the rest of the night... until 11:00! So, was the nap really worth it? I finally fell asleep last night listening to her play with her stuffed animals in her bed. Hummmm... what to do.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

That is so hard! Jonah was that way for a while. I would just try to lay him down a little early, and then wake him after one hour. IT would be so hard some days when I wanted to get more done, but it would be worth it when he would go right to sleep at night time.
Good luck with that!!

Paige Holley said...

Haha! Gracen is EXACTLY like Gavin! I have come to realize that the nap is not worth it.

chyayn said...

I love this fun blog for all us mothers to share what works and what doesnt. I have done both...I love the naps during the day but when NIGHT TIME rolls around I dont think its worth it either...she mayb e growing out of it. What about a "Quiet Time" hahah remember the Colemans had that even as teenagers? Just have her have some down time with quiet coloring, a movie, books, etc. And then maybe you can even get your snooze on then...try it!:)