Thursday, August 28, 2008

What to do with Zucchini

John and I came up with this... ChyAyn was asking for the recipe, so here you go.2 Chicken Breasts (cut into bite sized pieces)
2 med. Zucchini (cut into bite sized pieces)
3 small Tomatoes (diced)
5 String Cheeses sliced (or you could use fresh Mozzarella... I'm just cheap)
Black Olives sliced (optional)
Noodles... bite size (bowties, macaroni, spiral)
Pesto

Cook chicken until brown, add zucchini and cover. Turn to low and let the zucchini get soft. While zucchini is cooking, start noodles. When noodles are done and drained, add the cooked chicken and zucchini. Add as much pesto as you like. When the noodles and chicken are coated in pesto, add the tomatoes, cheese, and olives (I like to keep those cold and the rest hot).

I hope you guys like it. I know we do and it's easy. It's pretty inexpensive especially if you make your own pesto (Chy has a good recipe). It also gets rid of all the zucchini and tomatoes you have in the garden. :o)

3 comments:

Paige Holley said...

That looks so good! I am definitely going to have to try it.

Em said...

I am going to give it a try too. I am always looking for good healthy things to make.

Aaron said...

I ate this at KC's...

...and it was gooooooooooood.