Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Poor Mr. Smiley

Sigh... how do I begin... I had a really bad headache and decided to lay down for a while with Carson. I never really slept, and I could hear Gracen playing. It suddenly got quiet and just as I was going to get up to check on her, I heard her playing again. So, I thought, no big deal. I was only laying down for 15 minutes when I heard what sounded like dishes being played with. I thought Gracen had opened the dishwasher and was playing with the dishes. But no... this is what I saw...

Poor Mr. Simley's fish bowl... there's about 1" of water in the bowl......and a million fish food pellets...
There was water on the counter, floor, and mixed with it were the fish pellets. Squishy, stinky fish pellets EVERYWHERE!!
I quickly scooped the fish out of the "sludge" into a clean cup. But sadly, I don't think he's going to make it... if he hasn't already. :o(

In fact, I think he's dead...

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh darn. Sorry Gracen :(

Em said...

Gracen is in good company...I killed 2 fish when I was little. I thought they looked liked they needed lotion, so I put some in the water. How was I supposed to know that fish are supposed to be scaley!
Emily